The Rocky Intertidal Monitoring sites and dates listed below have been selected to meet the minimum low tide requirements of each site and our scientific protocols. Monitoring will be scheduled in 2-3 hour time blocks (e.g monitoring ~1 hour before low tide to ~1 hour after the low tide) for groups of ~35 students. In order to complete all data collection, please plan to be on the reef for the entire time you are scheduled. Note, 3 hour programs are required for Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (FMR) and Pillar Point sites to allow for walk time from the parking lot to the beach. Please be aware there is an in-class portion of this program to be completed before the field visit.
Please sign up for available dates below. The form will send you a confirmation email with the dates you booked, an invoice will be emailed separately. Please note that paid invoices are due 30 days before your program.
Just a reminder, for sustainability reasons LiMPETS moved to a fee-based program with partial scholarships available. Scholarship requests are based on the school’s free/reduced price lunch percentages. Schools with a free/reduced price lunch of 40% or higher (and/or Title 1) will be free of charge. Fees will be per program (either Sandy Beach or Rocky Intertidal); following sign-up and arrangement of in class programs an invoice will be emailed based on the costs listed below.
- In-class Training – $135.00
- Additional In-class Training (same day- additional class) $75.00
- Monitoring Field Trip – $325.00
- Additional Monitoring Field Trip (different day) – $165.00
- It is NOAA policy to cancel any field work if the air quality is in the Unhealthy category over 150 AQI.
- If there is a high surf advisory – on a given day – programs will be cancelled and do our best to reschedule or provide credit towards a future field program. Any swell over 8+ feet is generally “unsafe” since students need to be in the swash zone and rocky intertidal for monitoring activities.
- If rain is light, we can monitor in the rain. We want this to be a positive experience for your students so if students are not prepared for the rain we will cancel and do our best to reschedule or provide credit towards a future field program.