Sandy Beach Monitoring will be scheduled in 2-3 hour time blocks, 2 hours for groups of up to ~35 students, 3 hours for groups larger than ~35 students. All times listed are falling tides for Half Moon Bay. In order to complete all data collection, please plan to be on the beach the entire time you are scheduled. Please be aware there is an in-class portion of this program to be completed before the field visit.
Please sign up for available dates below. The form will send you a confirmation email with the dates you booked, an invoice will be emailed separately. Please note that paid invoices are due 30 days before your program.
Just a reminder, for sustainability reasons LiMPETS moved to a fee-based program with partial scholarships available. Scholarship requests are based on the school’s free/reduced price lunch percentages. Schools with a free/reduced price lunch of 40% or higher (and/or Title 1) will be free of charge. Fees will be per program (either Sandy Beach or Rocky Intertidal) with discounts applied for additional programs on the same day and site (max. of 2/day for field monitoring).
- In-class Training – $135.00
- Additional In-class Training (same day- additional class) $75.00
- Monitoring Field Trip – $325.00
- Additional Monitoring Field Trip (same day- additional class) – $75.00
- Additional Monitoring Field Trip (different day) – $165.00
- It is NOAA policy to cancel any field work if the air quality is in the Unhealthy category over 150 AQI.
- If there is a high surf advisory – on a given day – programs will be cancelled and do our best to reschedule or provide credit towards a future field program. Any swell over 8+ feet is generally “unsafe” since students need to be in the swash zone and rocky intertidal for monitoring activities.
- If rain is light, we can monitor in the rain. We want this to be a positive experience for your students so if students are not prepared for the rain we will cancel and do our best to reschedule or provide credit towards a future field program.